At Hot Paws, we love the cold in all its forms so your warmth and comfort are what we live for. However, if you are unsatisfied with one of our products, please let us know. Here’s what you need to know about returning our products:
For items purchased through a retailer or a retailer’s website
Items purchased at a partner retail store must be returned in-store with your original receipt, and returns are subject to the retailer’s return policy. Please refer to the online retailer’s return policy if the product was purchased via a retailer’s website.
For items purchased through hotpawscanada.com
If you purchased an item at hotpawscanada.com and want to return it for an exchange or a full refund, please note the following conditions:
- We charge returns a $5 flat fee for shipping and handling.
- We accept returns by mail within 30 days of your order date.
- All discounted items are final sale.
- The items must be in perfect condition, unused, unwashed and internal labels must be intact.
- There are no returns, exchanges or refunds on final-sale merchandise.
- We love that our products are travelling the world. However, at this time, we cannot offer refunds or exchanges on international orders.
- We only issue UPS return labels. If recipient resides at a P.O Box and cannot use UPS, they have to send their parcel at a Canada Post office at their own expense.
Returns or Exchanges
How to return your online purchase:
The exchange of unworn, unwashed merchandise is processed as a refund followed by a reorder. Your credit card will be billed for the new merchandise and we will process your refund credit as soon as we receive the returned merchandise. Shipping costs for returned items are at the customer’s expense. However, if an exchange is accepted, we will ship the new merchandise back to you free of charge.
If you need to return your online purchase, please contact us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Order number
- Whether you are requesting an exchange or refund
- Desired item # to exchange/return
- Reason for return
- When we receive your returned item(s), including a copy of your printed receipt, we will refund the original method of payment once the item has been deemed approved for a refund. Determining if the product is eligible for a refund is solely at the discretion of Hot Paws.
- Please allow one billing cycle for credit card refunds to appear on your statement. Remember that payments to your credit card always depend on your bank.
- The $5 return fee for shipping and handling will be deducted from your refund.
- If your refund amount is incorrect, please contact Hot Paws Customer Service and we will be happy to solve the problem as quickly as possible.
Hot Paws is not responsible for items we did not receive, for incorrect mailing or excess fees. We recommend you select an insured mail service, such as Purolator or Canada Post, to ensure that we receive your return.
At Hot Paws, we stand behind our products. If a product ever fails due to a manufacturing defect, we will refund or exchange it, at our discretion. This, however, does not cover damage caused by an accident, improper care, negligence, normal wear and tear, or the natural breakdown of colours and materials over extended time and use.
Our products are appropriate for winter temperatures. Factors such as humidity, exposure time, windchill, activity and personal tolerance to the cold will also determine the level of comfort experienced. Therefore, in more extreme weather conditions consider layering for added warmth.